Popular Posts

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Celebrating America: the Land of Freedom...



When I was a little girl growing up in a refugee camp, I had a conversation with my father about America...

Dad said, "I am very happy. We are going to America!"

I asked with curiosity, "What is America?" 

Dad responded with a huge smile as he pointed to the stars,"America is the land of freedom and we are leaving tomorrow..."

Few months ago, my father took the hardest exam of his life. He passed the U.S. citizen test. Now, he is a proud American too! 

At eight years old, I heard about America. When I landed in this country, I felt in love with it! This is the country I choose to call home and I am very proud to have served our country. Gosh, I love this country. 


Happy birthday America! May you all have an amazing celebration and be safe! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment