Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I woke up in Montreal, Canada!!

As I am enjoying my fry crabs with noodle on the side for lunch, I realized I woke up in Montreal, Canada this morning!

I did not get to my friend's place until 1:30am eastern time. My flight got delay more than an hour due to the weather condition. It was good that we waited on the plane before we took off last night, especially after I heard a scary story from the person sat next to me! The native Canadian explained how he had an experience where one of the plane he was on, got hit by the thunder during a storm. It was so bad that his whole body flew up and land hard on the seat that his head got knock out and he passed out for a bit. Of course he is ok now. Great story to share before we were taking off on a storm!

My friend, the native Canadian French Cambodian has been a great host! Her mother and grandmother have been friendly and welcoming to me! They are amazed that I can speak perfect Khmer! I have been sharing my experience when I was in Cambodia while conducting my research for six months. Since they have not return back to their homeland for 30 years now, they seemed to enjoy the update and stories I shared. I was able to practice my presentation to them but in Khmer. This was a little difficult since I have been practicing in English.

The weather has not been nice to me this morning. It is actually overcast and some rainfall.

I am amazed of how my friend speaks four languages: French, Cambodian, and English & Spanish! I think most people here speak at least two or even three languages! Awesome!

Ten cups of Chinese tea later, I am ready to start my day in Montreal, Canada!

Weather Forecast: Montreal, QC

No comments:

Post a Comment