Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Russian River; The Northern California Getaways!



My cell phone has no service, on most mornings it is overcast, and there is no Internet service. Besides the downside of a rural remote small town atmosphere, there are a lot to do at the Russian River! I have been staying at the Russian River since Monday. So far, I learned to river kayaking by myself, practiced yoga in an outdoor surrounding nature and took a lovely beach hike to visit the seals! I did all of these activities with just less than two days!

Since the place I am staying is not too far from the ocean but it is on the river, sometimes the fog hides the beauty of the area. However, once the fog slowly disappears, I enjoy looking at the cows across the river and appreciate the beautiful green trees and colorful flowers that this place has to offer! There are not too many options when its come to places to eat. I had clam chowder bowl at a small cafe along the ocean with an amazing view! The chowder was a bit watery but it was good! On a side note, I miss sf's chowder because it was thick and delicious!

So far, what I like about this place is that I can kayak on a calm water and peaceful environment! Once in awhile I get to see birds, seals and cows! Yesterday there was a friendly seal that was following us. It would pop up on the river surface every now and then. It would look at you in the eyes and then go back under the water! It was so cute. I felt we had our own entertainment on outdoor water! Other than that, I almost fell in the river while getting out of the kayak after parking it! I found out that I love river kayaking because it works my stomach and arms! I also love the Russian River so far!


P.S. I am off to Bodega Bay to have some delicious seafood for lunch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment