Popular Posts

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Acceptance of Death

Isn’t funny how life works sometimes? It throws some joyful moments into the journey along with sadness and suffering at the same time. All one can do, is just be and experience it. Take it one day at a time, as I have been told to do. I guess even KG the dog, knows that mom doesn’t have that much time with us. He has been acting strangely and seems sad too. In the middle of everything, I found out that everyone deals with the situation differently. At this moment, yoga has seemed to be my way of coping... Everything in life has its beginnings and it ends. All we can do is to embrace it all that is offered… I know in our western culture, we are socially constructed to not talk about death. But just like birth, it is part of life. It is a constant battle for me too. Sometimes, I feel that there is nothing wrong to celebrate death as we do with birth. Other times because it brings so much pain to my heart just to think about it. As hard as it is to accept it, it is part of life, as I would tell myself. I don’t know how I am going to react or what will happen to me in the aftermath. All I know is that the loves, supports, and prayers from friends and family have helped. Your prayers, kind words, hangouts, and simple phone calls and/or text have got me through this far. I know most of you have not been through this yet and don’t know what to say. To be honest, you don’t really have to say much. Just being there and sharing your life experience with me, is a lot. Thank you for your continuous thoughts, positive energy, loves, and supports, and allow me to share my experience thus far with you, on this roaster coaster that I am dealing with, at this moment of my life. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment