Popular Posts

Saturday, October 19, 2013

First Yoga Audition, First Rejection... But NOT the Last!


Yesterday morning, I found out that I didn’t get the internship I auditioned for yoga two weeks ago at the CorePower Yoga studios. It hurts because no one likes to be rejected or turned down, especially if you worked so hard towards it. Over a year ago, I didn’t get what appeared then to be my dream job and that one I worked my whole Master’s degree towards, actually my whole life! I was shocked, depressed for few weeks and my confident was nowhere to be found and low self-esteem was my best friend! I felt my world was turned upside down! From that experience, I learned that it was not a failure or that I was not good enough. I found out that something else was a better fit for me at that moment. I was meant to do something else.


I took Yoga Teacher Training 9 months ago and through that process, I slowly gain back my confident, self respect and self love! Beyond my imagination, I learned that I enjoy and love teaching yoga a lot! In other words, I didn’t lose anything from this experience; if anything, I gain new knowledge, and perspective in life, friendships, growth, and most importantly the love and respect for myself! Thank you to all of my yogis’ colleagues, teachers, coaches and managers at the CorePower Yoga for being a part of my yoga’s journey and growth thus far. I am grateful for your feedbacks, advices and honesty. Best of luck to all of my yogis friends in all that you do. Much love and hugs! Namaste! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment